Monday, April 4, 2011

Back in the USA! New Orleans for Jordan and Elizabeth's Wedding



In November 2010, I made my first trip back across the pond since moving to England to attend the wedding of Jordan and Elizabeth in New Orleans. I would not have missed this wedding for anything! Elizabeth was a former roomie of mine in San Diego and Jordan and I are very good friends. I got to play cupid with these two and introduced them in 2006.

It is funny being friends with people who like each other. Shortly after that initial introduction, they both told me privately they were interested in the other. A couple of weeks later, we had our 1st (of what became an annual) Halloween party. My girlfriends and I always had a group costume and since that first year, Jordan would join in with our theme in some sort of way.

For this party, we dressed as "The Madres". A female baseball team version of the San Diego Padres. Jordan was our ball boy.

Let's just say Cupid's arrow firmly struck for these two that night........

......or maybe it was the shots that finally gave them the courage to agree to a official first date :-)


These two have been great friends of mine through the years and even caught the bouquet and garter at mine and Bill's wedding!! Jordan proposed just a few weeks later :-)


Fast forward a year to their destination wedding in New Orleans!! It was so great to spend time with some of my favorite people who I missed so much!



The setting was a gorgeous property in Louisiana called Oak Alley Plantation.

The ceremony site.

The wedding started at sunset and was gorgeous.


We danced the night away under the stars (and heaters!!) to celebrate the happy couple.

The day after the wedding I continued on back home to Milwaukee. To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment